Monday, August 8, 2011

E's accomplishments, so far.

Well, I've been pretty lax when it comes to keeping up with this thing. I have so much I'd like to write about, but finding the time to do it, is well, hard. So for brevity's sake, I'm making a note of what the little girl has been doing lately.

July 24, 2011: E went from the laying down position into the sitting up position. We were at the beach and I went in to get her from her nap. I looked down in her crib and there she is, sitting with her "crib friends" around her. It was so exciting!

On August 2, 2011, E pulled herself into the standing position, using the ottoman for support. She's been working on this maneuver for quite some time and then BOOM, there she was standing...and there I was racing to get behind her in the event she fell.

August 6, 2011: E learned to clap. She has figured out how putting her hands together (not her fists) makes a fun sound. Now, when I recite the first page of one of her favorite books, she just claps and claps. It is so wonderful to watch. The book is "Barnyard Dance" for those interested :)

August 8, 2011: E has started to "properly" crawl. She usually will do an army-crawl thing where she pulls with her arms, her left leg pushes and her right one stays straight, but today she showed me that she can in fact get on her hands and knees and crawl.

I cannot believe how big she's getting! She also has a small little jagged piece of a tooth coming through on the bottom row. I mistakenly put my finger in her mouth to investigate it and well, it didn't feel good when she chomped down!

That's all for now. Hopefully life will slow down so I can write about what's been going on...so much to say! It also helps that we finally got a new laptop so I can actually use the internet again. Funny how my almost 6 year old laptop doesn't want to work anymore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment