Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lately

It's been quite a while since I've had time to post, so I figured, no need to shower, I'll do it now! Life has been rather hectic the past few months. Our house sold (thank you, Lord), we bought a new house, E has been crawling like crazy, and my work has taken on a new life of its own.

Since the beginning of August, I've taken on a contract attorney position. Its perfect, because I work every other week, for three days. It leaves a great amount of time for me to still be home with E, but it also allows for some 'adult' time. But it has also been the most stressful time of my life. I am so blessed to have a mother-in-law who gives up 3 days out of her week to take care of my child, I couldn't think of a better caregiver for her.

But here's where it gets complicated. Remember a while ago I posted about E not taking a bottle? Yeah, she never did. So what exactly does this mean for a breastfeeding mom? It means every moment I'm not working in the courtroom, I'm working the boob. So here's a little glimpse of  "A Day in the Life" and you will easily understand why I haven't posted in a forever!

On a working day, I'm up around 6:15 to quickly hop in the shower. I always make sure to wash the hair the day before, because there is just not enough time for me to blow it dry. After the fastest shower of my life, I quickly do the hair and slap a face on. I have to be ready to leave before 7am because I never know when E will wake up. If she's not up by 7:30, I wake her so I can feed her before her Grandma gets to the house.

Grandma comes around 8:30, so Mama is off to court. I usually stress once court runs past 11am, because I know I have a hungry baby at the house. Once court is over, I race home to take on the second job (but most important): booby factory. I feed the E, usually taking up the majority of my lunch break. If I'm lucky, I grab a yogurt, snack bar or something to eat for lunch on the way out the door around 1pm. Court starts back up at 1:30.

And just like before, once court goes past around 3:30, I start to worry that I won't get back before the little girl has a complete hunger-activated meltdown. It hasn't happened yet, but that won't ever stop me from worrying. She eats again, then we have some dinner. Dinner is usually followed by either bath time or a walk around the block, then its booby time again and bedtime. Once E is in bed (8pm) I have a moment to sit down. And only a moment, because all the work I needed to get done during the day has to be done some time!

I'm thankful for the ability to work a part-time job such as this. And I am in no way complaining about it. But you know, I just needed to tell someone else about the crazy days! Cause what would a blog be without completely too much info about my life?

And I have a cute kid, so thats cool too :)

1 comment:

  1. Funny that I missed this post! Working part time back when P. was still nursing was the best - not sure if I could have done it out of the house, though. So good job! And you're so lucky having family close to help out. We're contemplating giving having another baby a go again and I have NO idea how it will work, eek.

    ReplyDelete