Friday, February 11, 2011

Turn that frown upside down :)

On Saturday (Feb 5th), E frowned. Apparently when I sneezed I startled her and for the first time that I've noticed she curled that little lip up and frowned. At first I did my best to settle her down and comfort her. And at first it worked. The little lip uncurled and she was laughing again. And then, with no warning, the lip curled again, puckered out and she frowned. Knowing there was nothing wrong, I couldn't help myself. I laughed. It was the cutest, saddest thing all at the same time! She went from laughing and smiling to frowning all in the span of 10 seconds and I just had to laugh.

And because she loves to copy me, she followed up the frown with another laugh. Its probably not nice of me to laugh at her when she is "upset", but the little lip pursed out and curled was just too cute not to.

But then with the frown came a realization: I haven't been writing down her accomplishments! I don't remember the first time she really smiled. Or the first time she really laughed. I can't believe I haven't been writing this stuff down! So, in an effort to correct this problem, I'm going to try to keep track of her accomplishments on the blog. Not quite the same as having the traditional baby book, but for now it'll do. I just haven't found a baby book that I like. So, world, my baby frowned and it made me excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment