Friday, February 18, 2011

"That" Mom

I've become "that" mom...or parent really.

We live in a cul-de-sac. Which I thoroughly enjoy, most of the time. I've recently discovered just how much I despise some of our neighbors. There is a young lady who lives next door who drives a rather loud car. While I've driven some clunkers myself, I understand that some cars are just loud. But when this vehicle's owner keeps weird hours, it makes me annoyed. There have been times (such as at 3am) that I've heard this particular car over the baby monitor. Which clearly means its even louder in the baby's room. Sometimes the vehicle will park, turn off and only a few minutes later leave again. And usually its at early morning hours. It does make me rather annoyed.

Then there's the 20-something that lives across the circle from us who drives an extra-loud-on-purpose convertible. And as many 20-something-year-olds, he too keeps weird hours. And not only is the car itself loud, his radio is turned up (probably so he can hear it over the stupid loud engine).

So, back to the story. Last night, Husband, Puppy, E and Myself went for a walk. We were just stepping up onto the sidewalk when a loud car came screeching down the street. It was cul-de-sac guy. Driving with the top down. With the music blaring. And thats when it happened....I yelled "Slow Down". It was at that moment that I became "That" mom. I became the old man in my neighborhood growing up who used to yell at the teenagers driving too fast. I'm annoyed with loud cars and fast drivers. And, frankly, I'm ok with it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I'm that mom, too. It's cool. We can make name tags and maybe matching safety vests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to share that my word verification on that last post was "Winest" which is what I'm going to be tonight. I will be the winest self I can be. Thanks, Mama Hudd's blog...

    ReplyDelete