Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let's Get Physical

I'm proud to say I have worked out 2 days in a row. While to many this isn't a major accomplishment, to me, clearly, it is. I have given myself just about every excuse there is not to work out. Yesterday, the excuses ended. Granted, I almost didn't work out today because I was tired, but I pressed on. So today, I can say that I've done 2 days of Billy Blank's Boot Camp. And I know tomorrow I will be sore because trying to make my legs move this morning was quite a chore.

But I'm feeling good. Except for the fact that I'm a skinny girl trapped in a fat girl's body. I could once work out for longer than 45 minutes straight. Now I'm resting as I go. I used to have muscles. Now, I'm pretty sure what were muscles are now angry fat cells yelling at me as I lift my arms. But, I'm starting to get over the hurdle.

And Tuesday was the first time in a while that I watched Biggest Loser without stuffing my face. Yet another obstacle I have tackled. I still can't slow down how much I eat, but I'm desperately trying to eat better. For example, today I needed a snacky-food so I went for carrot sticks instead of what I really wanted...anything but carrot sticks. But alas, I am determined to get down to my fighting weight before Husband is ready for baby #2. Ok, there's no fooling, I won't be at my fighting weight, but I'd like to get as close to it as possible.

My main goal and one that I think is obtainable is to feel comfortable in a bathing suit when we go on our family beach trip in July. I'm not fooling myself into thinking I'll be back to tee tiny, so I'm going with comfortable. So until then, I'm just proud I've made it 2 days in a row.

1 comment:

  1. That's a big deal. I'm impressed. I keep saying "if I had a treadmill in the house I'd work out more." Which is really such a cop out b/c it's just around the corner to the damn gym. But whatever.

    You'll be fine. And as for bathing suits? Tankini. They are the bees knees for mommies.

    ReplyDelete