Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things I never thought would happen...

I'm pretty sure this list will get plenty of additions over the years, but for starters here are some things I never thought would happen:
1. Picking boogers out of my child's nose. Yes, I do it and I'm proud of it :) Sometimes that little sucker they gave us at the hospital just won't cut it, so mommy's pinky nail does the trick.
2. Going days, weeks even without doing my hair. I wouldn't consider myself "high maintenance" however, I've never gone a long period of time without drying and at least straightening my hair. Now, I can't remember the last time I got my beloved straightener out of its home. Yesterday I was successful in blow drying my hair, but thats about it. The usual routine is shower, towel dry and put it up in a bun. Yep, I've become that girl who wears the librarian bun all the time. The best part, though, is the next day when my hair is still slightly damp, it kinda looks like I've got some pretty, natural curl in it.

3. Having a uni-brow. Granted I don't. But a few weeks ago I came very close to the dreaded uni. It had been months since I got my "eyebrows did" and wow did I look horrid. Luckily I was able to get them waxed a few weeks ago, with every intention of keeping it up with regular plucking...guess what's lurking when I look in the mirror?

4. Not having anything to wear. Now, I'll admit I've said many times "I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR" and yes it was usually in some sort of screaming fashion. But now I truly alternate with about 3-4 different shirts and the same pair of jeans. I can't imagine what would happen if I had to leave the house for consecutive days...see yesterday's post for a hint on the cause!
5. Going days at a time without checking facebook. Oh, I know what  you think, its not hard to put facebook aside...but you try it! IN fact, I went about 4 days in a row without even thinking about it! How can I stalk people without knowing what they are doing at every moment?
6. Having a male OB/GYN. Yes, I'm that girl that just wouldn't dare go to a male Dr. But when you've got your girl parts exposed to all sorts of hospital personnel (hey could have been a janitor in there for all I know) you stop caring about who's down there...your mindset quickly changes to lets get this done!
7. Not shaving my legs. While pregnant this posed a serious problem because I couldn't get to my legs. Now I don't have an excuse. Well, I sort of do. My shower is usually about 3 minutes in between feeding/changing the baby so finding time to shave is rare. In fact, I'm not sure I can remember the last time I did it. But, no worries, soon I will be able to donate my hair and my leg hair to Locks of Love.

2 comments:

  1. Your last line made me CRACK UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I miss the wash and bun. I chopped all my hair off in the hopes that it would encourage me to actually DO something with my hair. Nope. Now I just go to work looking REALLY bad... all curly and crazy-haired. It's a wonder I'm still employed.

    ReplyDelete