Friday, January 21, 2011

Mom.Fail.

Last night E went to bed around 10:30pm. Which was not a fail and was awesome. But when she cried in the night, I looked at my watch and it said 2:30...which was not normal. She's been sleeping for at least 5-6 hours so 2:30 was just too early! The Dr said she's big enough to let her cry herself back to sleep if she wakes up too early. So, I let her cry. But as most moms know, you can tell the difference in her cries. And this particular cry was not one that I thought would lead to her falling back asleep. So I waited....and she continued to cry the hungry, feed me cry. Reluctantly I got up to check on her. Since I was up, I decided to go ahead and feed her, change her diaper and rock her. She ate like a champ and quickly fell back asleep.

After I put her back in her crib, I let the dog out to take care of his business. As I was putting him back to bed, I noticed both clocks in the kitchen read 4:52am...what? Something wasn't right. I knew I hadn't been in her room for 2 hours and I knew I hadn't fallen asleep in there so I checked my watch, again. Apparently in my sleep I had hit the 'mode' button on the watch and somehow turned on the stop watch. Apparently the 2:30 time was really the stopwatch and not the actual time in the morning...oops (or as my niece says "Ooopsy-boos).

I had these terrible thoughts that our activities during the day had caused the little one to get off her routine and we were in for a bad day. And those thoughts were followed up with thoughts that we just weren't going to be able to get out and about like I would like. Mom.Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment