Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Houston, we have a....

Situation.

Not a problem, really, just a situation. Its a good one, I promise.

What am I talking about? My child is mobile. She has discovered that it is fun to roll. She's mastered sitting up on her own, but now, she's followed that by rolling over. Which is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But when she rolls over in her bed at naptime, its not fun. The first couple of times she rolled in her crib, she went BONKERS.

She screamed.

And screamed.

Naptime was non-existent on those first few days of "rolling". Which, for mommy, wasn't a fun time. The past two mornings, I've discovered her on her belly. She was asleep until she heard me creep in. When she discovered she was on her tummy, she was Not. Happy. At. All.

It seems she may have mastered sleeping on her tummy, but it still worries me! I worry that she'll be stuck and unable to roll back over or that she'll be unhappy on her tummy and wake up in the middle of the night (which, is another issue we've been dealing with the past 5 days or so...)

Regardless, I'm so excited she's done the 'roll'. She's getting to be such a big girl! Now that she's more comfortable on her belly, I think she'll be crawling or scooching soon...that'll be another situation all in itself :)

And for my "records" E rolled over for the first time in her crib, by herself with no one there to witness it...so I will say she officially rolled over for the first time on May 29, 2011. She's been sitting up by herself for a while now, I'd say right around her 6 month-day was the "official" date.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! And the Babby hated being on her tummy for SO long, even after she could roll over herself.

    ReplyDelete